Monday, October 13, 2008

Near Noel, MO

I sit here, overlooking the Elk River, sipping tea and wondering what God has for me next.

The river looks cool and serene: inviting to all my senses. Shades of green in trees -- sycamore, oak, wild locust, walnut -- shrubs of all kinds, grape vines and ivy provide a palette of soothing variety. They blend together then a splash of yellow or red peeps through the green in a bold display.

Blue from the sky and white clouds interspersed with shades of green from the trees, reflect in the still, deep water.

My gaze travels up-stream. I see no sign of life, but I am deceived by the stillness. Fish hide in the shadows waiting for the unwary insect to glide by. Birds flit among the branches searching for tasty tidbits. Squirrels chatter and jump from branch to branch. When on the ground, they run a few steps then sit up to search for predators. Ears and tails twitch with nervous energy. They watch, ready to run at any motion.

God is here, too. His peace rests on this place. He made this scene for me, His child, to enjoy and be refreshed. The restoration of my soul draws me to Him. My heart lifts in praise, adoration and worship for the Creator.

2 comments:

Kathryn Maberry said...

Yet again, your post makes me think of our wonderful Elohim!

Karen Guthrie said...

Thank you. I'm glad God used my words to bless you. He is Awesome.