Friday, December 6, 2013

It's Cold Outside!!

Winter weather arrived at my house this week. And I am wishing I lived in the tropics!!

This is the scene from my front porch this morning. A bone-chilling 15 degrees, 4 inches of snow and more to come.

I'll be house-bound until who knows when so I'm warming the chicken noodle soup I made from my sister's super secret, super easy recipe. And I think a cup of tea would just hit the spot.

The grandsons are VERY excited by all this snow and are looking forward to building snowmen and playing with their Dad. I plan to watch from my window and cheer them on.

Today will be a good day to sit with an engrossing book and catch up on some reading or get a new sewing project started or look through my patterns for some inspiration, or search cookbooks for a new recipe to try. Cooking will keep me warm! If I don't have something to keep me busy, I'll feel guilty for not doing anything productive. Can't have that these days. That leads to depression and Trouble.

Even though I am not a big fan of Winter Weather, I see God's beauty in the mounds and drifts.. It is quite lovely to watch the flakes falling, swirling and dancing. Even the ice patterns in the puddles and pond are intriguingly lovely to see. The moisture on fields will be welcomed by all who farm (even though it means extra work, more feed, and breaking ice). When I look at it that way, Winter is a blessing. But, then . . . everything is a blessing.

The seasons come and go. Days shorten and lengthen. Only God is always the same. Always here. Always Good.

No comments: