Thursday, October 17, 2013

Time to Catch Up

Life has a way of sneaking past you.

Day by day, things happen and I neglect my gift, my joy, of writing and I settle for the busyness of my small corner of the world.

My Gratitude Journal lies neglected and gathering dust.My heart is full of Thanksgiving for the gifts God gives me daily, but the thoughts have not come to life in words written.

Notebooks take space on my desk, but no ink fills their pages.My heart is full, but somehow I have squelched the impulse to share. I can't release the pressure by picking up the pen (or clicking the icon at the keyboard). And so it builds until my seams are frayed and I come apart.

Ideas float into my mind, then float right back out.

I feel the pressure. I know God is calling me to begin again. So, here I am. I have no idea what I will say. I have no idea how I will make myself open the pages and spill my thoughts. I only know that I am compelled to take up the pen and begin.




When I opened my pages here last week, I was amazed (and sad & disappointed) that it has been two years since my last post! How have I let the time slip away?  In those two years, we have a new grandson, Logan, born February, 2012. An unexpected blessing, he's a delightful gift to our family.






Our girls are both in High School.




Levi is 3.


One daughter-by-marriage decided she no longer wanted to be a member of our Guthrie Gang and a divorce followed. Our hurting hearts are mending. 

A lot has happened in two years. Very much remains the same. We love God and know that he loves us. That never changes.

No comments: