Monday, October 21, 2013

Morning Sun



I watched the sun come up this morning. Rising bit by bit over the hill until it fully filled the morning sky. Its light so powerful and bright I could not look at it full on but had to shade my eyes from the brilliance

I think when I see Jesus in heaven it will be a little like that. The light of his glory will fill the air. His goodness and love will burst forth as the rays of the sun and I will cover my face. I'm afraid I will be ashamed of myself in his presence. His light will reveal all my flaws. He will see all my failures, all the times I wanted to please him or intended to obey, but then I didn't.

Or maybe it will be like the summer afternoon sun and I will lift my face and spread my arms wide and welcome the warmth and light. Then I will dance in delight at the nearness of him and because of the wonder of his love for me. And I will worship him. Forever. 

I am so grateful that I am already forgiven. When I believed on Jesus for the salvation of my soul, he washed all the sin of my life away. Each morning, just as the sun rises and sheds light on the dark world, Jesus sheds his light on the darkness of my soul and I am renewed. I can begin again. 

And I worship him.

No comments: