Thursday, July 9, 2009

We Have Puppies at Our House


Last Thursday morning, my son's Blue Heeler had 7 new babies: 5 females and 2 males. Heelers are born white but usually get their color by the time they're weaned.

No one planned these puppies -- except their mama. We thought we watched her closely and kept an eagle eye out for male visitors but nature took over. Now we have Puppies! They are one week old today.

They are the cutest little babies and Dixie, the mama, is very caring and protective of all of them. She stays on alert for any possible intruders and will hardly leave them long enough to eat and get a drink. If one of us humans comes close, she tries to cover them with her body and a paw.

When I look at newborns, I see the Creator God in the miracle of birth and life. Amazing chances of conception, developing in the womb and birth come together in new life. Nurturing parents give attention and protection until the young ones are able to fend for themselves. I am amazed by the intricate planning of God to bring about each life.

Even more amazing is the new life we have in Christ. The Father planned for our forgiveness and salvation before He made the world. He knew me before I was born and provided for me to come to Him in faith.

Puppies, all new babies, are beautiful and wonderful. New life in Christ Jesus is Awesome.

No comments: