Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Lord, My God

How wonderful you are!
You are full of grace and mercy.
You see the depths of my soul and know my innermost thoughts.
You see how unworthy I am of your love, yet you love me.
I hide from the world, from myself, but from you I cannot hide.
You reach down and hold me, drawing me close to your heart.
You see beyond any mask I might wear; beyond the words that say, "I'm fine" or "All is well"; past the pasted on fake smile to the child hiding inside.
You love me.
You forgive me.
You heal me.
You set me free.
From before time began until after time is no more, you love me with a never ending love; you forgive with a never ending forgiveness.
When I am bogged down in this life, I come to you, Holy God, and you lift me up to stand before you.
You set my feet back on the path you have for me.
Then I breathe in your breath of grace and begin to praise and worship you.
You encourage me.
You fill me with your Spirit and wait for me to take the next step on the path with you.
I cry out, "I don't know which way to go!" and you remind me that I don't need to know because I follow you, the One who is the Way.
I bow before you.
I worship you.
I praise and adore you.
I honor you with my lips and with my life.
I serve you.
Enable me to hear you.
Empower me in your Spirit to do your will and show you to others.
Be my courage and my strength.
Lead me, as you always have, day by day and moment by moment on your path and in your way.
I thank you for your grace.
I thank you for your salvation.
I thank you for your unfailing love.
Amen

No comments: