Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Moment of Worship

Phrases of songs float through my mind. I hear bits and pieces of God’s gospel in the music. Words bring powerful images of the awesome holiness of God and the amazing mercy and grace He bestowed on me.

I think I forget, at times, the greatness of God. I tend to take for granted my access to Him and come into His presence and neglect to seek forgiveness and cleansing. I don’t always take the time to worship Him and give Him praise. Too often my time with the Lord is spent whining and complaining or presenting a list of “I wants” disguised as “I needs”.

When I seek guidance, do I pray, “What would You have me do?” or do I pray, “This is what I’m doing, bless my efforts.”

As the music plays in my head, I hum along. It reminds me of the truth of His word and that brings a smile to my lips and a prayer forms:

Dear Lord, help me remember to seek your guidance and blessing first. In all things let me be full of praise of You. Let me always express my gratitude to You. Let me always rejoice in You. Let me always worship You.

No comments: