Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Superman


Happy Birthday to my Superman!!


My Superman is my husband. Just like Clark Kent, you'd never guess his greatness. He's very quiet, unassuming, shy and easily overlooked. But, he's always there to rescue those in need.


My Superman stays in the background and always lets others take credit for his good ideas or deeds. He's a peacemaker and is always the calming influence in a charged atmosphere.


My Superman is strong and sure in an emergency. He's always calm as he takes charge and directs others to do what needs to be done. His strength seems to last forever as he can just go on & on until everyone is taken care of and all the chores are done. His only concern is that the work is done so the rest of us will have an easier tomorrow.


My Superman is kind and compassionate to others. He always tries to take care of everyone, ignoring any pain or discomfort of his own. Only after everyone else has everything they need, will he consider his own needs.


My Superman loves God with all his heart and is always applying Godly principles to the events of daily life. He has a verse to fit any occasion. He prays for others and strives to serve the Lord in all he does.


My Superman is a clown. He's always joking and laughing. One of his greatest pleasures is to make others laugh. He even tells jokes to himself if no one else is around. My Superman can't bear to see anyone cry; he does everything he can to keep us laughing.


My Superman has an angry side. He gets really mad at lies, injustice and evil. Because of this, he's always truthful, fair and good himself and strives to help others be this way, too.


My Superman is a teacher. He shares all he has learned with those who will listen. Because of hard times, hurts and problems he has acquired a life-time of wisdom. He's always trying to prevent others from hardships by relating what he learned from personal experience.


My Superman has had to deal with Lois Lane. She is the independent woman who tends to ignore the quiet Clark Kent and who idolizes Superman. He's also had a Perry White, who bosses and controls his life, and with Jimmy Olsen (more than one!) who is always there, more often in the way than a help. Through it all my Superman keeps his cool and keeps on doing the job God has given him.


My Superman must have a Kryptonite, but I haven't found it yet.


My Superman is my Husband. Do you have a Superman in your life? I hope so.

No comments: