Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jehovah Nissi

I Am Your Banner

Christian friends, we are in warfare; we are called to be soldiers. Our enemy has not flesh & blood, but is the spirit of unrighteousness manifested by Lucifer and his followers.

You, Jehovah Nissi, are our ensign at the head of our line. You show us the way. You are our rallying point. You shine in the sun so we can see you, come to you, follow you.

Just as a standard goes before the army, you went before me. You fought the battle. You won. You are victory. As Moses raised his staff, Joshua & the Israelites prevailed in battle. Jesus was raised on the cross for us to prevail in our battle. We war against a world that shows no fear or any respect for our God. You lead me to do what is right, what is good, what is holy.

My battle begins within myself. I fight against my selfishness, my rebellion, my pride, my hypocrisy. These sins, and others, must be conquered. I cannot do this on my own, but through your Holy Spirit enabling me, I win the battle. You are the Way to victory. Only you can win the war. You have won it already.

Let me come after you in that last battle when you descend from heaven with eyes blazing fire. Let me ride with you in that battle when you wear your crowns & whit robe dipped in blood. Let me ride with you, and the armies of heaven, dressed in fine white line. Let me ride with you in that battle when from your mouth comes a sharp sword, when you rule & reign, when you tread the wine-press of wrath and on your robe is written King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

You, Jehovah Nissi, go before us to make war. You capture the Evil One and all his followers. You bind him & hold him captive. You destroy him. You show me the way to go. You shine before me high & lifted up. May I share victory with you as I follow you. For you, Oh Lord, are my Jehovah Nissi - my I Am Your Banner.

No comments: