Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Prayer of Commitment

Father God, my Creator,
What is your purpose for my life?
Why was I born? Why am I here?
Your Word says I am created in your image and for your glory.
Your Word also says I am created by your will and for your pleasure.

Lord, by your power alone, I live for you.
By your Holy Spirit, I reflect your holiness, goodness, mercy and grace.
Your light, shining through me, reveals your loving kindness and sacrifice to the world.

I rest in you.
May my life give you honor and glory.
Let me "die to self" and live each second through you.
You have my heart -- I gave it to you when a child.
Now I surrender all of me to you.
Use me, all of me.
Take all of my knowledge, talents and gifts for your kingdom.
Be my strength and courage as I face each day.
Give me boldness to show others what you have given me, and more than that, show who you are.

I love you, my Creator, because you have loved me with an everlasting love.
I serve you, Father, to do your will and give you pleasure.

No comments: