Friday, July 25, 2008

The View from My Window

My bedroom window is small. It allows only a postcard picture of the world outside. But, oh, what a world!

From my window I see God's handiwork. The brilliant blue of a spring sky. Snow white clouds gently floating. Tall oak trees with leaves fluttering in the wind. Barn swallows climbing high, suddenly going into a dive, pulling up again just before hitting the ground then swooping up and off to their nest with a tasty tidbit.

From my window I see my Mom Lois' house. Her door is always locked, but her heart is always open. The soft light from her window is a welcome sight in the night.

From my window I see my husband's workshop. I can see him moving around looking for tools or putting things away before coming to our house. I hear him singing to himself as he works.

From my window I see my sons as they crest the hill to come to our house. They usually stop at the shop first to see what Dad is doing. Such tall, good-looking sons. Hard working, caring and compassionate, they're just like their father. They bring joy to my heart, a lump of pride to my throat and a smile to my lips.

From my window I see my granddaughters chasing butterflies. Their brown eyes flash as they run in the sun then collapse in laughter. They're growing up so quickly that I hardly believe my eyes. It seems only yesterday they were babies, all soft and cuddly. Today, they are busy children giving quick hugs and kisses on the run as they explore the world around them.

From my window at night I see the countless stars as they twinkle. It seems as though they are talking to each other.

From my window I see my blessings. I am reminded of God's goodness and love. It doesn't take a big window to see how big God is. His never-ending mercy and grace abound in the everyday view from my window.

No comments: