Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Journal

Winter tries my spirit. 

"Cold, dreary, gray days fill my soul with sadness. I long for Summer with sun and warmth. How will I survive? I'm not sure that I can!I wrote this in my journal a few days ago.

Another day I said, "I'm just crazy. Stuck in a rut of sameness. Dreams are dying. Joy is fading. Is this my life?" 

Since then it snowed again. Frigid temperatures kept me housebound and cabin fever raged within me.

How long until the bright skies of summer return? How many hours must I struggle until the days lengthen and joy returns?  

My gratitude list fails me. I am bereft. I drag myself through the day.

But wait! The sun pushes through the clouds! A bird flits across the yard. Squirrels dash up the oak trees. My grandson laughs. Life is bearable again.

Each day I am amazed by God's Grace to me. When feel I can no longer stand, when the darkness of the abyss pulls at me, when hope grows faint then He pours His grace on me and I rise up thankful again for a cup so full.

No comments: