Monday, June 8, 2009

My Prayer

The Lord gave this to me during the music portion of a worship service. I felt a little odd sitting to write when everyone else was standing, but I felt compelled to put down the words racing through my mind.

A Prayer

You draw me, Father, gently, lovingly to your side. I have no one but You. You only are my friend, my strength, my refuge, my shield. Fill me with your Spirit, moment by moment, that I may rest and rely on You. Quiet my thoughts that I may hear You as You speak to me. You, Lord, shower blessing on me. You encourage me. You convict and instruct me. You love with a never ending love. You lead me, step by step, to a relationship with You. Holy Spirit, teach me of You. Lord Jesus, mighty King, Savior of my soul, cleanse me of unrighteousness and sin. As the psalmist said -- Create in me a pure heart. Let me hear You. My Shepherd, call me, lead me to green pastures and beside still waters. Oh, Father, my God, may I hear You, obey You, worship You, praise You, honor You. Lord, may I sit at your feet and learn of You. Do not let me be so busy, even in service to You, that I reject time with You. Let me concentrate on You, Lord, and on Your Word. You are more important; You are vital to life. All else -- church, family, friends -- are nothing without you and your Holy Spirit. I give my all to You: all that I am, all that I have, all that I hope. Only in You is there promise of wholeness. Let me build a relationship with Jesus, all else will fall into place. Thank You for once again reminding me of your love, mercy and grace.

2 comments:

Rebecca A Emrich said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is beautiful.

Karen Guthrie said...

Rebecca, How do I answer you? Your're welcome (to your thank you) seems odd since these are not really my words, but from the Holy Spirit.I pray they are an inspiration to you and an honor to my Lord. Thank you for your kindness.