Sunday, May 17, 2009

Better to Light a Candle

Why sit around complaining about circumstances. If things look dark, find some light. There is always something you can do to light even the smallest of flames in a dark world.

I begin by praising God for who He is. He is the Creator, the Provider, the Healer, my Peace, my Salvation, the Righteous one, the Beginning and the End, Worthy of all praise. The Mighty God, the All Sufficient One, the Author and Finisher of our faith, he is my Hope, my Shepherd, my Great High Priest, the Everlasting One. He is love and mercy. He is righteous and good. He is the Enabler, the Empowering One, the Defender of the weak. He is my Everything.

The darkness fades when I concentrate on who God is: the Light of the World, the Word, the Bread of Life, and the Never Thirst Again Water. He is Joy Unspeakable and full of glory. He was and is and is to come. He is the King of Kings. Any problems I have are small compared to the greatness of God. Whatever is causing darkness in and around me fades and shrinks before my God of the Universe. When I praise Him, all else fades into inconsequentialness and all I want is to be with Him, study Him, enjoy Him, worship Him and serve Him in whatever He asks of me.

It is better to light a candle than to sit and curse the darkness. Once you light the flame, the Light of the World grows in you and spreads out to those around you. You can be Light to your family, friends, co-workers and the world. All you need to do is light the candle of praise.

No comments: