Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today From My Window

Today my view from my window included parking lots in town; lots of peple coming and going.

I watched moms and dads walk with children in tow. I saw laughing and talking and families enjoying the cool fall day. I watched cars parking or whizzing by on the way to somewhere else.

From town, we (my dear husband and I) drove toward home. But, we took an unplanned detour and drove about 30 minutes north; he wanted to show me something he saw while coming home in his big truck the other day. I stared out the window at the changing scenery. Trees fading from green to yellow, orange and red; flat or rolling hills becoming steeper and the road curvier.

From my window I saw mama cows with their calves. I saw horses grazing on green grass. I saw birds flying. I saw fresh water flowing in the creeks we crossed.

We started toward home gain.

Today, from my window, I glimpsed God the Creator's handiwork in the changing seasons. I traveled the gray asphalt road and looked out in awe at how wonderfully He planned our world for us to live.

I really enjoyed my view from my window today.

No comments: