Monday, April 13, 2009

A Prayer for Today

You draw me, Father, gently, lovingly to Your side.
I have no one but You.
You are my friend, my strength, my refuge, my shield.
Fill me with your Spirit, moment by moment, that I may rest and rely on You.
Quiet my thoughts that I may hear You as You speak to me.
You, Lord, shower blessings on me.
You encourage me.
You convict and instruct me.
You love with a never-ending love.
You lead me, step by step, to a relationship with You.
Holy Spirit, teach me of You.
Lord Jesus, might King, Savior of my soul, cleanse me of unrighteousness and sin; create in me a pure heart.
My Shepherd, call me, lead me to green pastures and beside still waters.
Oh, Father, my God, may I obey You, worship You, praise You, honor You.
Lord, may I sit at your feet and learn of You.
Do not let me be so busy that I neglect time with You.
Let me concentrate on You for You are vital to my life and I am nothing without You.
I give my all to You: all that I am, all that I have, all that I hope.
In you only, is there promise of wholeness.
Help me build my relationship with You and all else will fall into place.
Thank You for once again reminding me of your love, mercy and grace.

No comments: